If you get sick or injured because of the work you do, you could get a workers’ compensation payout. Double board-certified physiatrist Dr. Javier Placer, MD, of Specialized Rehabilitation Physicians Group in Clermont and Orlando, Florida, is an authorized physician with the Florida Workers’ Compensation Board and can help you with your recovery and your claim. To find out more, call Specialized Rehabilitation Physicians Group today or book an appointment online.

What is workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation, which is often called workers’ comp, is an insurance program that covers you if you get injured at work or become sick as a result of doing your job.

Employers pay into a fund that buys the insurance coverage, so you don’t have to contribute yourself. Each state has a Workers’ Compensation Board that takes care of all the claims and payments. They also help solve any disputes between insurers, employers, and workers.

Workers’ compensation payments don’t relate to who is at fault if you get sick or injure yourself. There’s no placing blame on either you as the employee or your employer, it’s all about providing you with financial assistance if you can’t work or have long-term health problems due to your job.

The one exception to this is if you were to hurt yourself or someone else deliberately or because you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs, that would affect the outcome of your claim.

What is our Role?

As soon as you become sick or suffer an injury at work, you should tell your employer and make sure they create a written record. You need to see a doctor who has authorization from your state’s Workers’ Compensation Board, as Dr. Javier Placer, MD, has in Florida. If your injury is severe, you should go to an emergency room first.

Dr. Javier Placer, MD, has extensive experience in treating people who suffer injuries at work or become sick because of their jobs. He has considerable knowledge regarding workers’ compensation claims and how to make them. He evaluates your condition, makes a diagnosis and recommendations for treatment, and reports his conclusions to the Board.

Dr. Javier Placer, MD, and his team at Specialized Rehabilitation Physicians Group are used to dealing with insurance providers when arranging diagnostic tests and other procedures that need clearance. They also have plenty of experience in representing workers’ compensation claims in court.

What should I do if I’m receiving workers’ compensation?

Once your employer and the insurance company agree that your condition is due to your work, you start receiving your payout. Sometimes a dispute arises, which means a  judge has to make the decision.

Dr. Javier Placer, MD, creates a rehabilitation program for you, which you need to follow carefully, making every effort to stick with your program and get back to work as soon as possible. Among the therapies you might need to undergo are:

  • Physiotherapy
  • Therapeutic ultrasound
  • Manual massage therapy
  • Electrical muscle stimulation
  • Therapeutic exercises
  • Joint injections
  • Wearing DME braces
  • Work hardening programs

Workers’ Compensation Treatment and Support Available in Clermont, Florida!

It’s never easy to deal with health problems, but by working with Dr. Javier Placer, MD, and his team, you can regain your health as speedily as possible and with minimal after-effects. If you need advice and support with a workers’ compensation claim, call Specialized Rehabilitation Physicians Group today or book an appointment online.